099. Let’s have some hard forking conversations.
New week! What’s up DeSo degens 🤠. Did y’all have a very @spookies Halloween? 👻 Ready for another edition of BITS by @BitsTODAY? ICYMI it last week, this is our new byte-sized DeSo newsletter, full of quick-hitting updates (and still plenty of general absurdity) 🙏. Lots to catch up on from last week, so let’s dive right in.
Are you a old guard boomer who prefers email (jk… but seriously). No sweat, we’ve got you covered on that front HERE too 📧.
Movers & shakers
The DeSo download
- 🏴☠️ Over the weekend, DeSo founder @nader made a huge splash when he ape’d into @PixelPirates coin 🐋. Lots of folks were stoked… but not everyone! Should @nader practice more discretion in his selective investing, given the signal it sends the community? Or should we be glad he’s a public founder supporting projects he likes? 🤔
- 💰 This question takes on even more salience when considered in the context of another announcement @nader made, namely that he will be making more such investments in DeSo NFT artists over the coming weeks. This will be awesome for folks who do get investments… but tough for OGs who have been plugging away for months and don’t! 🤞 Keep on keepin’ on y’all, we feel you tho... @BitsTODAY hasn’t gotten any 💰 from the core team either 😂.
- 🐂 Meanwhile, in the thread where he announced his @PixelPirates investment, @nader also opined that ‘everything is underpriced’. Hashtag BULLISH. Q: Did he mean NFTs… $DESO… or even creator coins too??? A: C. All of the above (probably).
- 📈 The @Designsta galls are launching a new app, @Stori which will include a game of some sort and integrate DeSo. The creator coin launched today for investment; these girls have clout, they’ve already pulled in more than $20k in locked USD value. Can’t wait to see this thing come to life! 👀
- And then @whoami, Nader’s “alledged” 😉 alt account invested $10k in their project. He also invested $10k in two other projects, including @EverythingStore and @Cloutfeed GGs guys and gals!
- 🔐 Speaking of @CloutFeed, @Ribal implemented derived keys for the DeSo app. These allow users to log-in without the app ever interacting with a seed phrase. TBH we have no idea how it works, we just know it’s so secure that even @nader can use this third-party app now 🤯.
- 📉 Most active DeSo 🐳 and top BitsTODAY investor (ILYSM❤️) @MarioNawfal did a bit of selling over the weekend via his @CreatorFund account… specifically from one of their wallets. They assured the community this is a localized sale process to free up liquidity for other crypto IDOs and that they’ll reinvest in some of the creators, like @Cloutfeed, later. Whales need to make a splash every once in a while amirite?
8. 👨💻 For folks who don’t like what @nader is doing with the place? @chriscelaya is working on a hard fork of the DeSo blockchain. In the process, he’s asking a lot of hard-hitting technical questions that could probably help improve the OG blockchain too…
9. 🎨 On the art front, our boy @WilliamLaurent and his @DESOlaters project were featured in a recent article on Blockster. Looking to see the style of the art? Look no further than today’s cover :). As far as spreading the word about DeSo is concerned… this is the way ✨.
10. 💪 Friendly reminder that the CTO of a multi-billion dollar publicly-traded company Dharmesh Shah(@Dharmesh, $HUBS), just keeps on keeping on on DeSo. He bought another whack of his own creator coin today! Always invest in yourself, gang 💸.
11. 📢 Looks like the core team is getting ready to run some DeSo ads on IG. The best part? @nader crowd-sourced the creative. @Nigels’ and @Sourdough’s entries are neck-in-neck, and the winner will be decided by testing the creatives against each other to see which converts better 🧠.
12. 🗽 Absolute Artblocks NFT heavy hitter and DeSo OG @MonicaRizzolli had one of her jpegs on full display in TIMES F%$&#@* SQUARE during NFT NYC 2021. LFG! Congrats Monica, no one is more deserving. Real talk tho, wen @MonicaRizzolli blue check? Chop chop! 👏🏼
Meme of the day:
That’s all we’ve got for you this evening. As always — don’t forget to buy the dip and watch it rip. 🚀